5 Classic Movies Inspired By The 91st Academy Awards, Which You Should Watch
91st Academy Awards
The 91st Academy Awards ceremony honoured the best films of 2018. Even before the event had been held, it had caused much talk among people. This show at its core is mainly for movie lovers, where true classics are recognized and celebrated.
5 Classic Movies You Should Watch Which Have Been Inspired by the 91st Academy Awards
The classics set some standards, become traditions and in a way, feel like inspiration and continue to be celebrated long after they’ve come and gone. Some classics to watch are:
- If you loved the movie ‘A Star is Born’, then the previous versions would definitely hold appeal to you. After watching Bradley Cooper’s acting in the latest remake, its predecessors are definitely worth watching if you love watching classic movies. You can watch the Streisand version, or the Judy Garland makes, or the version made in 1937.
- If you’ve watched Beautiful Boy, then you will love the movie, Ordinary People. In many ways both the movies are different, but there are a few similarities also. One of the main issues which is touched upon is the issue of hatred within the family which centres on the youngest son. The character who played the role of the youngest son gives a very intense performance. Watch the heart-wrenching movie where a son’s and life changes after the death of his family member. The movie also won two Oscars.
- Watch Driving Miss Daisy after you’ve watched the Green Book. The movie centres on a world-class pianist of African American, who moves out on tour and requires a driver, and protection. He’s connected with Toy Lip, your typical tough guy from the Bronx. The two forge a special bond and friendship though they’re from different worlds.
- After Vice, JFK is the movie to be watched. Vice is based on the life of Vice President Dick Cheney and the movie is critically acclaimed for the lead actor as well as the screenplay. It does bring back memories of Oliver Stone’s JFK, though it’s much lighter in the topic.
- The Doors is the movie to be watched after the Bohemian Rhapsody. Bohemian Rhapsody narrates the story of Freddie Mercury and about his band. If you’re getting the rock biopic feels then you can definitely look up The Doors where Jim Morrison’s story is told, among others.
The 91st Academy Awards are definitely put one in the mood to go back in time and watch stream movies online free classic movies and reminisce about the good old days. The movies today are really good, but there was something else about the moves back then, and you can see that when you sit to watch the classics.